Happy November, lovebugs!!! Can you even believe it’s already November?! It feels like I’m still getting over 2020, and here were are just two months from 2022! Time is a tricky one, am I right?!
Well apparently we’re doing everything early this year, so today marks the unofficial start of holiday season! And to kick it off, I’m sharing one of my favorite posts of the year… my Sugarplum Favorite Things! I ruminate more than is an acceptable amount over this list every year, but only because I want to be sure I’m including my very favorite ride-or-dies! The products and things that make my every day life better, easier, more fun, or enjoyable. And also happen to make incredible gifts!
Chances are you’ll recognize most of the products because I’m constantly babbling about them! Some are oldies that make the list year after year (see those HERE and HERE), but this year brought some new game-changers I just can’t live without.
And because YOU are among my favorites, I’m gifting FIVE email subscribers anything from my Favorite Things list!! Simply subscribe HERE, and I’ll randomly choose winners this Friday! (No spam, just my daily posts and weekly newsletter.) And don’t worry, existing subscribers are already entered.
So let’s get to it… this year’s Sugarplum Favorite Things!
1. Warner’s Wireless Bra // Also known as ‘The Amazon Bra,’ I’m quite sure the majority of us own it now since it’s a HSP best-seller. If the traditional bras of BQ (before quarantine) married the lounge bra of 2020… you’d have this bra! Incredibly comfortable, with support, lift, padding, and smoothing… and all around $20! I wear the color ‘toasted almond’ most, and it’s the perfect nude even under fitted white tees.
2. Luxury Detergent // It’s a splurge and totally unnecessary, but this boujee detergent is a must around here! Just a splash makes your laundry and house smell divine! I add just a few capfuls with a ‘Free & Clear’ detergent pod, to help the bottle last longer. One load of sheets and towels in this stuff, and you’ll be hooked! They also have a sample set of their best-selling scents, which makes the perfect hostess gift, or for the gal who has everything!
3. Our Place Always Pan // I was introduced to this ingenious pan last year, and went from tolerating cooking to enjoying cooking! In fact, I was so smitten, I gifted it to 90% of my Christmas List! Literally nothing sticks, and it cleans like a breeze with just a little soap and a swipe of the sponge. Plus, it looks great sitting out.
4. Tushy Bidet // We’re all friends here, right? Well I hope so because we’re about to talk bidets! We installed this gadget last year (so easy, no plumber necessary!), and there’s no going back. In fact, it feels positively uncivilized to use the bathroom without one now! It’s on sale under $100, is easy to install, and fits on your existing toilet. If anything, hop over to the website because their marketing is so clever and funny.
5. Nugget Ice Maker // Oh my word, I’m almost embarrassed to link this! Talk about a splurge… but truly, very few things make me as happy as this ice maker! It fits easily on the counter and makes continual Sonic ice (aka, nugget ice). Every at-home drink suddenly becomes an event… iced tea, margaritas, iced coffee… even water. It’s great for sports bottles, too.
6. Notch Collar Blazer // This blazer is a top 5 must-have in my closet, and one of my most-worn items for the last few years. Nothing makes me feel more pulled together, professional, smart, and even sassy than this comfy, chic knit blazer. I wear it to everything from date night to work meetings, and have in a slew of colors. I size down for a shrunken fit, and wear an XXS. It’s also 15% off with code SUGARPLUM15.
7. Framed Art Pieces // I discovered these affordable framed canvas prints when decorating the Sugar Shack bathrooms, and literally can’t stop buying them! They’re now in every bedroom, the living room, dining room, foyer, laundry room, and bathrooms! There is an endless selection of styles, and all come fully framed and so affordable!
8. Gold Hoop Earrings & Thin Ring // I love a statement earring and bracelet stack, but when it comes to the every day, I always reach for classic jewelry styles. These hoop earrings have been my go-to this year… so light you literally don’t feel them in your ears, and the classic style goes with everything from athleisure to dresses. This delicate band is a bit of a splurge, but I’ve worn it on my thumb for three straight years with no bending or tarnishing. You can find a more affordable option HERE.
9. Amazon Primer & Mascara // A Monday Mail Day find last year, this $5 mascara has replaced every mascara in my drawer! Department store mascaras, beware, because this tube is just as good as any mascara I’ve tried! I added the $5 primer this year, and the combo is a game-changer! The duo makes a fun stocking stuffer, too.
10. Layered Initial Necklace // Would you believe this affordable layered necklace is one of the Top 10 best-selling items of the year?! I think I’ve worn it 9 out of 10 days since discovering it, and still love it as much as the day it arrived. Wear the strands alone or together, it’s the perfect layered look. I use these little gadgets to keep them spaced and for easy on-and-off.
11. Keurig Coffee Maker // For the third year in a row, this coffee maker has brought me more joy than just about anything on the list! It makes all my favorite coffee drinks… hot and cold lattes, cappuccinos, espresso shots, and more… but is so simple to use!! It’s also affordable and looks streamlined on my counter. And bonus, it uses standard K-Cups, and even makes incredible foam with oat and almond milk! (And a day doesn’t go by without adding these to my coffee!)
12. Vuori Joggers // I’ll be honest… I’m feeling a little left out! I only just discovered this brand last month, but apparently most of you were already hard-core Vuori fans, and have been sitting comfy in their joggers for years! But I’m making up for lost time because since the day these joggers arrived, I haven’t wanted to wear anything else. Truly. Mr. Sugarplum just ordered a pair since I wouldn’t shut up about them… I can’t wait to have him join me in the addiction!
13. Olaplex Hair Essentials Set // I drank the Olaplex Kool-Aid one product at a time, and now I use the entire set! The biggest game-changers for the health and vitality of my hair are hands-down the No 3 Reparative Mask and the No 6 Styling Creme. I even wrote an entire post dedicated to my Olaplex appreciation! (Find it HERE.) Want to see the hype for yourself without the full investment? This set is perfect for trying the best-sellers… and great for travel.
14. Fuzzy Slippers // I actually discovered these slippers last year, but they sold out so fast I could never share them again! But now they’re back and the only shoe I wear around the house each day. I gifted a pair to my girlfriends, and each of the teachers… they are universally loved!
15. tarte maracuja juicy lip // Can you believe I’m including a lipstick that’s not bold, bright, and pink?! The year of the mask changed my daily lipstick habits, and I started reaching for these ultra hydrating tubes with a touch of color… and now I’m hooked. They feel as amazing on as the Laneige Lip Mask, but with a touch of color and lots of shine. I love the ‘Strawberry’ for light color, and layer ‘Clear’ over all my other lipsticks. Code CASSIE15 should save you 15%, too.
16. Drybar Shower Cap // Why yes, that’s a shower cap on my list of Favorite Things!! But this is no ordinary, hotel grade shower cap! It’s lined in terrycloth, so it whisks all the moisture away from your hair while bathing or showering. Seriously, my hair looks the same before and after, so it really extends the time between washings. It packs well, too, and I take it on every trip. There’s a reason this has made the list three years in a row!
17. Colleen Rothschild Glycolic Acid Peels Pads & Intense Hydrating Mask // My love for Colleen Rothschild products runs deep (looking at you, Radiant Cleansing Balm!), and these pads are another secret weapon in my skincare routine. They help dissolve pore-clogging dirt and oil, while targeting fine lines and hyperpigmentation. I use them in the evening after cleansing, and they have literally transformed the texture and appearance of my skin!! Follow with the Intense Hydrating Mask, and you’ll wake with bright, plumped, and hydrated skin! Use code SUGARPLUM20 to save 20%!
18. Gold Bead Bracelets // You know I adore my Buddha Bangles, and they’re pretty much all I wear during the Summer (they’re all-weather, making them perfect for water), but I found this beaded set this year and have worn them on repeat every other season. They’re light and stretchy, so they fit all wrist sizes. I wear two full sets for a fuller look, and mix them with all my other bracelet styles.
19. Clear Zipper Pouches // If you’ve always used a single, large toiletry bag for travel, these bags will literally change your packing life! (Maybe not quite as much as these bags, but close.) Instead of cramming everything into one bag, these allow me to separate out makeup, brushes, and hair products for easier grab-and-go. And even better, I keep another in my carry-on for chargers and documents, and another for snacks. I think you get the idea, anything and everything you pack and carry is so easily organized in these sturdy, clear (TSA approved!) bags.
20. Removable Bag Strap // I have an arsenal of affordable crossbody bags and totes… and most are around $20. But you’d never know because once you swap the basic strap for one of these striped, colorful cuties… BAM, super stylish bag! I carried this one all year (attached to this bag or this bag), and it matched almost every outfit… and never failed to garner compliments. Looking for some Gucci vibes? Try this strap in ‘gold buckle 14’ with this bag in black. You’re welcome.
Okay… that wraps my Top 20 Sugarplum Faves for this year! But it goes without saying my mattress topper and softer-than-soft sheets are always on the list, as are my facial razors. And I don’t go a single day without adding these to my coffee.
I’d love to hear what’s on your Favorites List! Have you tried any of these, and are they your faves, too? I love that these all make incredible gifts, too!
Don’t forget, I’m gifting FIVE email subscribers any one thing from my Favorite Things list!! Simply subscribe HERE, and I’ll randomly choose winners this Friday! (No spam, just my daily posts and weekly newsletter.) And don’t worry, existing subscribers are already entered.
Here are a few of your most requested links, that definitely make my Runner’s Up list!