Hey there, friends, and the happiest of Fridays! I am ready to see this week end, and have a few slow days. Well, as slow as they can be with two kids and a house full of half-started projects! (I’m looking at you, Big Box Bathroom!)
While the weather has been amazing, Texas temperatures still aren’t synced-up with Fall…and with so many cute new things in the stores, I’m anxious to get it moving! Usually when I create these outfits, I scour all my favorite shopping sites for combinations…but since so many stores don’t offer free shipping, it’s a bummer when you’re only looking at one item. So today I thought it’d be fun to create complete Fall outfits, each from a single store.
1) Nordstrom // Of course I’d start with them, because it’s my go-to, and they do offer free shipping and returns. I typically shop the Juniors department because it’s cheaper (and I don’t recommend things to you guys that I wouldn’t buy), but I’ve had some requests to mix it up, for sizing sake. I do have this blouse in black, and it’s a great fit and timeless style.
2) Piperlime // I usually check this site when I’m looking for more classic items. And for the next few days, use code FALL20 for an extra 20% off your entire order. I have similar items to all of these, and can’t wait to put it together for myself!
3) Old Navy // I love me some Old Navy…remember this post about the similarities between them and J.Crew??? I saw this vest in-store, and love that it has a low-profile silhouette…so it adds a layer, but not bulk. Oh, and use code ONSAVENOW for extra 15%! (That’s on top of the already 50% off sale they are running!)
4) Gap // I went through a dry spell with Gap for awhile…it seemed like their prices got too high, and the clothes were kind of bland. But they’ve really turned it back on again, and I always find things I love. And with their great sales (up to 40% off right now, with code NEWOUTFIT), the prices are good. I want this puffer vest so much…someone tell Mr. Sugarplum to put it on my birthday list, would ya?!
5) Nordstrom // Oh hey, we’re back here again…I just can’t help myself. I don’t wear leggings often, but only because I don’t have any tops long enough to cover my lady bits. So how happy was I to find this darling plaid tunic!? #superhappy And guess where I found it?! The sleepwear department! But it’s totally thick enough to wear in public, and a great price. Not to mention, it will be comfy…since it’s a nightie and all. Especially when paired with the softest scarf ever made. That will teach me for only looking in Juniors! And if you don’t have leggings, I suggest you start with these, since they have 968 perfect reviews.
And last year’s favorite fleece-wrap cardigan is back…in a ton of new colors, and still on sale. I’m going to get some long tanks, and wear mine with leggings. Which of these outfits is most like your style? Who are your favorite retailers? Happy weekend, lovebugs!
Psssst….check out more Fall outfits here and here.
Love everything about every single one of your boards. Why in the world have I still not been able to figure out how to do a board like this? EVEN with your help. I'm shaking my head at myself. I have that blue plaid flannel from Old Navy, and I actually have a pin I have earmarked to recreate it where I pair it with black jeans and a white puffer! Love the loook!
i've been eyeballing that purse in #1 only in the off white, for a week now, I ran across when looking at one of the purses from your FF last week, ha! I'm waiting for it to go on sale!
In my experience, those no-name bags in the BP department don't go on sale…they usually just stock once, and then they're gone. But maybe you'll get lucky!!! xo
my pocket book is cringing – I actually found LOTS of outfits in plus size at old navy – thank you so much for the link to old navy! I didn't realize they had so much stuff
sooo many cute picks! i love the blouse + sweater dress. xo jillian – cornflake dreams
It would be perfect for your new baby bump!!! 😉 xo
Thanks for the great outfit ideas. I was wondering how you make those boards too. Tutorial some day??? Have a great weekend, Cassie!
I use Polyvore!!! It's fairly time-consuming to scour all the sites looking for stuff, but completely addicting!!
You have such a great eye for style!!! I'd love a tutorial on your boards as well!! Have a great weekend!
Thanks so much, Heather…happy Friday, friend!
Love the boards!! Girl, I don't know which is my favorite?!?! Happy Friday!
You too, lovie!!! Hope you're relaxing after your big Fair trip! xo
Do you know if that Gap code works also for the purse, or just clothing?
Their site is acting funny for me, so I can't go online and look. I suggest adding it to your cart, then applying the code and see what it does. It will show you discounts taken before you actually pay for the order. I hope it is…that'd be a great deal, especially since it's already on sale!
Do you have one of the fleece wraps from last year? The reviews seem mixed and I'm wondering about sizing and how it looks when worn open.
I did size up one, so it would be more snuggly, and less fitted. If worn open, it looks very loose and casual…I prefer it buttoned. The good news is, they have free returns…so you could try a few size/colors and see how you feel?? 🙂
Thank you! Yes, I love their shipping and return policy – one of the reasons that are just about the only store I purchase from online.
P.S. Love all of the outfits above and would wear them all except for the Piperlime – but trade the skirt for a pair of faux leather leggings and I'd wear it too. 🙂
I would wear every one of those outfits Cassie! I bought that Old Navy vest the other night. Couldn't beat the price and it's pretty cute on. Mr. Sugarplum, you need to buy Cassie that fun red puffer vest with the fur hoodie. It would be adorable on your wife. I love Nordstroms, too, and tend to shop there the most. Such an easy return policy. I think I need to take the plunge and get that fleece wrap. It looks so comfortable. Enoy your weekend!
Leopard clutch- yes please!