Happy Monday, lovebugs! I hope you had a grand weekend, and are ready for some fun, because I’m kicking off the unofficial start of the holiday season!
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite posts of the year… my Sugarplum Favorite Things! I ruminate more than is an acceptable amount over this list every year, but only because I want to be sure I’m including my very favorite ride-or-dies! The products and things that make my every day life better, easier, more fun, or enjoyable. And also happen to make incredible gifts!
Chances are you’ll recognize most of the products because I’m constantly babbling about them! Some are oldies that make the list year after year (see those HERE and HERE), but this year brought some new game-changers I just can’t live without.
And because YOU are among my favorites, I’m gifting FIVE email subscribers anything from my Favorite Things list!! Simply subscribe HERE, and I’ll randomly choose winners this Friday! (No spam, just my daily posts and weekly newsletter.) And don’t worry, existing subscribers are already entered.
So let’s get to it… this year’s Sugarplum Favorite Things!
Favorite Things 2022 //
1. Mother Denim // When I saw my friend and photographer, Val Darling (truly one of the most darling people I know!), in these jeans earlier this year, I insisted she take them off and let me try them on! It was instant denim love (we’re talking Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants love!), and I’ve been a hard-core Mother fan ever since. They’re on the pricey side, but feel as thought they’re custom-made for my body!
2. tartelette tubing mascara // This miracle mascara is absolutely lash extensions in a bottle! Simply apply two thin coats (do it back-to-back while the product is still wet), and your lashes will transform before your eyes! And what’s even better, unlike most tube mascaras, this one actually washes off easily without tugging or pulling. Code CASSIE15 will save you 15%!
3. Vuori Performance Joggers // No surprise here, Vuori quickly became one of my all-time favorite brands when I discovered it last year, and I practically live in their Performance Joggers! If I could only wear one brand for the rest of my life, I’m pretty sure it would be Vuori. And my entire family (including Mama Sugarplum!) would agree!
4. Elemis Resurfacing Facial Pads // I discovered these peel pads earlier this year, and they’ve become an essential part of my morning routine. I cleanse and moisturize every night, but between oil, sweat, and leftover evening skincare product… you won’t believe what this pad grabs next morning! I use these in place of a morning cleanse, and they leave my skin feeling so fresh, smooth, and clean. I follow with Sheer Renewal Cream, before applying my makeup.
Sidenote: I still use these Glycolic Peel Pads (code SUGARPLUM20) several nights a week! The Elemis pads are part of my daily morning routine to clean, refresh, and wake up my skin!
5. Our Place Ovenware Pan // The Our Place Always Pan is a repeat winner on the Sugarplum Favorite Things, but this year I added the Oven Pan to my obsession! It can be used for baking, roasting, crisping, and cooking, and even better, it also serves as a griddle on gas and electric stove tops! Plus, I love how deep it is and how easy it is to transport with the wide handles. And of course it has the non-stick interior we’ve grown to love from Our Place!
6. Luxury Detergent // It’s a splurge and totally unnecessary, but this boujee detergent is a must around here! Just a splash makes your laundry and house smell divine! I add a splash of it along with a ‘Free & Clear’ detergent pod, to help the bottle last longer. One load of sheets and towels in this stuff, and you’ll be hooked! They also have a sample set of their best-selling scents, which makes the perfect hostess gift, or for the gal who has everything!
7. Drybar Shower Cap // Why yes, that’s a shower cap on my list of Favorite Things… again!! But this is no ordinary, hotel grade shower cap! It’s lined in terrycloth, so it whisks all the moisture away from your hair while bathing or showering. Seriously, my hair looks the same before and after, so it really extends the time between washings. It packs well, too, and I take it on every trip. There’s a reason this has made the list three years in a row!
8. Home Edit for Walmart // The Home Edit girls made stylish and practical organizing more affordable by adding their line of drawer dividers, lazy Susans, and bins to Walmart!! Not only are they the same incredible quality, but they are created by professional organizers, so everything just fits and works in a better way! I’m a fan of all of it, and they’ve transformed my kitchen, bathroom and office drawers, and closet!
9. tarte maracuja juicy lip plump // I’ve been a fan of the maracuja juicy lips since the moment they arrived, but they raised the bar with these juicy lip plumps!! Same great hydrating formula with a hint of color, but with actual plumping, as well! And not the kind that stings or burns, but with a cooling effect that I’ve become addicted to! Color ‘Lotus‘ is my fave for pinks. Code CASSIE15 will save you 15%!
10. CalPak Carry-On Duffel Bag // I consider myself a professional at the Carry-On Life… it’s my mission with every trip to not check a bag (it’s so liberating to skip baggage claim… not to mention, no stress of lost bags!). But the right gear is essential, and this duffel is a game-changer! I call it the Mary Poppins bag because it will blow your mind with the amount of things it holds. It has a slew of inside pouches and zipper pockets, plus a compartment on the bottom (great for shoes), and it slides on the handle of your suitcase. It sells out quickly, but would make a great gift for any travelers on your list! It also doubles as my weekender bag for overnight trips.
11. Colleen Rothschild Conditioner // This conditioner has only been out a few months, but it’s already found a place on my Favorite Things list. It’s great for everyday use, leaving my hair super shiny, manageable, and with no tangles. I still use this mask weekly for more intense hydration, especially after using this clarifying shampoo or this purple shampoo. Code SUGARPLUM20 will save you 20%!
12. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask // No more chapped lips! I slather this on every night, and even use it as a light gloss during the day. I’ve yet to find anything as effective. It’s the perfect little gift, too, and finds it’s way to all our stockings each year. One jar lasts me an entire year!
13. Keurig Coffee Maker // For the third year in a row, this coffee maker has brought me more joy than just about anything on the list! It makes all my favorite coffee drinks… hot and cold lattes, cappuccinos, espresso shots, and more… but is so simple to use!! It’s also affordable and looks streamlined on my counter. And bonus, it uses standard K-Cups, and even makes incredible foam with oat and almond milk! (And a day doesn’t go by without adding these to my coffee!)
14. Living Proof Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo // The Living Proof Dry Shampoo has been in my Top Ten for awhile, but they released this new Advanced Clean formula this year and it is a GAME CHANGER! I don’t know how it works, but rather than adding a powdery product to absorb oil, it actually cleans the hair of oils… so instead of getting that build-up feeling, your hair simply feels clean. This is a ride-or-die for me now!
15. Tushy Bidet // We’re all friends here, right? Well I hope so because we’re about to talk bidets! We installed this gadget last year (so easy, no plumber necessary!), and there’s no going back. In fact, it feels positively uncivilized to use the bathroom without one now! It’s on sale under $100, is easy to install, and fits on your existing toilet. If anything, hop over to the website because their marketing is so clever and funny.
16. Nugget Ice Maker // Oh my word, I’m almost embarrassed to link this! Talk about a splurge… but truly, very few things make me as happy as this ice maker! It fits easily on the counter and makes continual Sonic ice (aka, nugget ice). Every at-home drink suddenly becomes an event… iced tea, margaritas, iced coffee… even water. It’s great for sports bottles, too.
17. Faux Leather Leggings // The temps have officially dropped, so you know what that means… legging season! These are hands-down my favorite non-athletic style, and unlike other faux-leather leggings that will remain unnamed #spanx, I can actually move and breathe in these! I love pairing them with this oversized sweater or this reader-favorite batwing sweater for an easy fall outfit that always works!
18. Clear Zipper Pouches // If you’ve always used a single, large toiletry bag for travel, these bags will literally change your packing life! (Maybe not quite as much as these bags, but close.) Instead of cramming everything into one bag, these allow me to separate makeup, brushes, and hair products for easier grab-and-go. And even better, I keep another in my carry-on for chargers and documents, and another for snacks. I think you get the idea, anything and everything you pack and carry is so easily organized in these sturdy, clear (TSA-approved!) bags. They hold so much more than you’d think, and the reinforced zipper is extra sturdy!
19. Colleen Rothschild Microfiber Hair Towel // This miracle hair towel has actually been on my personal Favorite Things list for the last three years… but it’s been sold out every. single. year!! Finally it’s back, and I get to shout from the rooftops my adoration of this hair towel! No other towel absorbs like this one, taking my hair from sopping wet to practically dry in just a few minutes. I love the oversize for fully wrapping every strand and staying in place… leaving my hair frizz-free and ready for styling. Code SUGARPLUM20 will save you 20%!
20. Warner’s Wireless Bra // Also known as ‘The Amazon Bra,’ I’m quite sure the majority of us own it now since it’s a HSP best-seller. If the traditional bras of BQ (before quarantine) married the lounge bra of 2020… you’d have this bra! Incredibly comfortable, with support, lift, padding, and smoothing… and all around $20! I wear the color ‘toasted almond‘ most, and it’s the perfect nude even under fitted white tees.
I’d love to hear what’s on your Favorites List! Have you tried any of these, and are they your faves, too? I love that these all make incredible gifts, too! You can check out past years of Sugarplum Favorite Things HERE, HERE, and HERE for more great gift ideas.
Don’t forget, I’m gifting FIVE email subscribers any one thing from my Favorite Things list!! Simply subscribe HERE, and I’ll randomly choose winners this Friday! (No spam, just my daily posts and weekly newsletter.) And don’t worry, existing subscribers are already entered.
Here are a few of your most requested links, that definitely make my Runner’s Up list:
- Best Affordable Sheet Set
- Pet Hair Remover
- Acne Patches
- Go-to Bath Towels
- Genius Window Cleaning Cloths
- No-Slip Bath Mats
- No-Wedgie Undies
- Wood Bead Garland
- Christmas Tree Bags