Well chock this up as another post I never thought I’d write, yet here we are! If 2020 had a mascot, I think it’d surely be the face mask. And regardless of your feelings and opinions about them, face masks are a part of life these days.
I didn’t pay their style and fit much attention at first, assuming their lifespan would be fleeting…but just like everything associated with this pandemic, it goes on much, much longer than we could have imagined.
(Funny sidenote: We originally had plans to include matching face masks for our GxHSP Celebrate Summer Collection, but as the launch grew closer, it looked like masks were a thing of the past…so we cancelled them. Rest assured our next Collection will have cute, coordinating masks!)
Now I view them as an accessory, and opportunity to add a little style to my outfit. Or at the very least, not completely derail my outfit! I’ve ordered several over the last month, and settled on quite a few that are as cute as they are comfortable.
You’ll be hard-pressed to find a retailer not offering face masks, but here are a few of my top picks, all in reusable, washable fabrics.
Sugarplum Tip: Wash your masks in my favorite Glam Wash for a little happy moment every time you put it on! I keep a fresh stack washed-and-ready by the back door.
1. Honest Company Abstract Prints // 100% cotton with removable nose wire, adjustable elastic straps & 5 filters…sizes for both adults & kids
2. Neutral Solid Linen // Linen mask for easy breathing in hot Summer months, with smaller fit & nose wire
3. Jersey Knit Reversible Leopard // The mask I reach for most often, it’s lightweight jersey knit & reversible
4. Pleated Satin // Like sleeping on a satin pillowcase, a satin mask won’t absorb the oils & makeup from your face!
5. Lele Sadoughi Embroidered Set // Who knew designer face masks would actually be a thing. But these are the prettiest masks I’ve seen, each with feminine details and embroidery.
6. J.Crew Seersucker Stripes // Add some preppy style with J.Crew’s signature fabrics, with opening for filter & elastic ear loops
7. Nordstrom Pleated Tie // Tightly-woven cotton knit, in a 4-pack of colors, these also tie behind your head, perfect for when you’re able to slip them off. Nordstrom is also donating a mask for every purchase.
8. Mixed Pattern Tie // Clare V. has darling mixed pattern masks, made of fabric remnants & their signature lip patch
9. Nordstrom Assorted Colors Knit // Lined with 100% cotton, this 5-pack of knit masks form comfortably to your face for easy talking. The ear loops are made of the same knit fabric, too.
10. Gingham Set // I never met a gingham I didn’t love, and this 5-pack has every color you’ll need. Made of double-layer cotton & adjustable ear loops, Bauble Bar is selling them at cost!
11. Gator Style // Mr. SP is partial to this style, as he can just pull it up and down when needed. Made of a breathable, functional fabric, they’re also great when exercising or being active outdoors.
12. 100% Human Tie Dye Knit // Double-layer knit fabric makes these soft & comfy, in the cutest tie-dye patterns.
13. Old Navy Assorted Patterns // These triple-layer face masks come in every pattern under the sun…for a great price! They even have adjustable ear loops.
14. Jersey Knit White Masks // The go-tos in the Sugarplum Casa, these basic white masks are all my kids wear. Super soft and lightweight, they’re breathable & subtle.
15. Anthropologie Patterned Set // Leave it to Anthro to design some of the most stylish options, these pleated masks come in a set of 5 incredibly chic fabrics.
16. For the Kids // For the little kids, Old Navy has the largest assortment of affordable masks I’ve seen. Get them involved by allowing them to choose their design.
I also wear this chain to keep my mask on me, rather than shoved in my purse or hanging from my ear. What masks have you found to be the most comfortable? Do you have fun with your mask styles, or prefer to keep it basic?
*Disclaimer: Please note I am not a doctor, and these are not medical-grade masks, nor are they FDA approved. But when worn correctly, they show others you care and respect their health and safety.*