How fun is it to have Halloween fall on a Friday this year?! It’s going to be so nice to not have to drag in to work with a sugar hangover tomorrow! I’m not as excited about changing the clocks though…I much prefer Daylight Savings Time. How about you?
1) I few weeks ago, I shared this darling plaid tunic that I so cleverly discovered in the sleepwear department. I don’t wear leggings a lot, but only because I don’t have many tops long enough conceal all the lady bits…so I was excited to find one that might work!
Mine arrived this week, so I thought I’d report back on it! You know it’s soft and comfortable, because it’s meant to be a nightie…and the length is great for covering all the lady bits. But even though it feels like you’re wearing your pjs, you don’t want it to look like you are…so choose your pattern accordingly! And for sizing reference, I’m in an XS. If I were to sleep in it, I’d go for a small…but I sized down to avoid looking sloppy. Oh, and the scarf is so soft and cozy it feels like pajamas, too!
2) Are you familiar with Lindsay Letters and her beautiful calligraphy shop? She has the loveliest collection of meaningful art and stationary, along with fun gifts that feature her talent for penmanship. To celebrate the release of her holiday collection, she’s offering any downloadable print for FREE! Use OCTDOWNLOAD, but don’t dawdle because it’s only good for today. I love this fall printable...perfect for our Thanksgiving table.
3) This video makes me laugh so hard. Every single time. Could Jimmy and Bradley be any cuter?!
4) Once November rolls around (which is tomorrow, by the way!), it’s officially the start of holiday season. Which means holiday parties….hello! And of course I immediately wonder what in the world I’m going to wear!
My first stop is always Nordstrom…not only because of their free shipping and amazing return policy, but they carry a broad range of sizes and price points. I’ve had my eye on this dress for over a year…it’s an easy-to-wear, flattering shape, but has some pizzazz with the lace top and deep-v front. I’d pair it with some sexy pumps, some sparkle on my wrist, and a clutch with a little edge, just to toughen it up a bit. Here are a few more lovely dresses that caught my eye…I love the lace or sparkle for this time of year!
5) Finally, it’s worth noting that the cognac bag I’ve been carrying for a few months is finally back in stock (and at a great price)! I’m asked about it every time I post a #SugarplumStyle on InstaGram or Facebook, and hated to always give you a similar bag as an option. So if you’ve had your eye on it, now’s the time to go for it!
What are your plans for Halloween night? Have you started thinking about the holidays?! I have plans for some gift guides to hopefully help us all out! Happy weekend, lovebugs!
**The holiday dresses portion of this post is created in collaboration with Nordstrom. But the selection, outfits, and champagne dreams are all mine. Thanks for supporting Hi Sugarplum sponsors!**