The re-entry back to real life has been shaky this week, so thank goodness for Friday! I’m still playing catch-up from being gone, we’re hosting our son’s birthday party, and the kid’s first day of school is Monday…so the weekend is likely to be crazed. Here’s my random Friday Five for your entertainment.
1) Clearly I can’t get enough of black and white stripes, since this is the third week in a row I’ve used them in an outfit board. But can you blame me?! They are so classic, yet perfectly graphic for virtually any outfit. This striped cotton knit blazer is soft and light-weight, and adds polish, while helping to transition your Summer outfits to Fall. And I love the cute feminine-gathers in the back! The maxi, according to the 322 reviews, is near perfect. Both pieces are on crazy-sale, and inspired me to create this entire outfit using only sale items.
2) I’m always a sucker for cute printables, especially free ones. Leo + Lamb is a gorgeous site that allows you to easily and quickly personalize stationary, invitations and party decor, then download and print yourself. Their lovely flower wreath stationary is currently available for free download, so I jumped at the chance to personalize it for my daughter’s new teacher. Tied with a satin ribbon, they will make a pretty back-to-school gift to start the year off right!
3) Kid’s rooms are always my favorite to create and see, and I’m smitten over Jennifer at Dimples and Tangles teen son’s rustic, yet still modern, room. Jen’s always cranking out the greatness…like these fur ottomans, and I’m always drooling over her perfect vignettes and styling.
4) I’ve been working really hard behind-the-scenes on my first Joss & Main Curator Sale and can’t wait to share it with you soon! Mark your calendars…my sale goes live Tuesday, September 2! If I didn’t know better, I’d almost think I was a legit blogger.
5) Kendra Scott gifted me with two pair of the arrowhead-style ‘Sky’ earrings, and I decided to pass them along to you guys! You are always so encouraging and supportive, so I thought it’d be fun to give them away on InstaGram, my favorite social media. Simply go to this InstaGram post, tag your best friend, and follow @cassiesugarplum. That’s it! Feel free to enter as many times as you want, just be sure to tag a different friend each time. I’ll pick the random winner Sunday night, and send you and your BFF your colors of choice!