Between travel and the pace of our son’s Junior year, house projects have slowed a bit around here. I mean really, why does no one mention how intense junior year is for high-schoolers?! I’ve also got a seriously amazing project in the works that’s been taking a mountain of my time…but it’s worth every second, and I’m positively bursting at the seams to tell you.(#!!!!!) Hopefully next week, so look for that announcement soon!
But one room in the house did receive a mini-makeover recently…the most important room actually, the master bedroom! Because if mama ain’t happy, #amIright?! After three years, two kids, two dogs, and a husband (why are husbands messier than kids?!), it was time to refresh the bedding situation in our room!
We added the blush chairs a few years ago, so I wanted something that tied with those, and connected the whole room. I fell in love with a Serena & Lily duvet set, but not the price, so I crossed my fingers and went straight to eBay! Jackpot!
Tips for Shopping eBay:
- First filter items ‘Buy It Now’ to save on time & bypass the bidding process, over 80% of the items are Buy It Now!
- Select ‘New With Tags’ to ensure items have never been used or worn
- Use the Advanced Search to find exactly what you’re looking for, with over 1 billion items listed, you’re sure to find it!
- Buy from sellers with high reviews, but rest assured eBay offers a Money Back Guarantee
- Select items with free and/or expedited shipping for even more savings!
Formula for Dressing a King Size Bed
- 3 Euro pillows standing tall in the back
- 2 King or Square pillows, mine are 24″ (see our old bed with King pillows here)
- Lumbar or bolster pillow in front
- A coverlet adds a little extra color or texture, and covers the sheets
- Fold a duvet or quilt at the end of the bed
Sugarplum Style Tip: If you prefer to skip a dust ruffle, or the bed isn’t conducive to one like mine, cover your box springs with inexpensive neutral fitted sheets!
I love how light and bright it is, even with the black walls. Which, by the way, I’ve not once tired of once in over three years! See more of the room in this original makeover post, and more sources here. Are you doing any seasonal refreshes in your home decor? How often do you swap or update your bedding? I get new sheets every year, but usually hang on to duvets and shams for several years.
*This post is created in collaboration with eBay, but all styling, ideas and bedroom frolicking are my own. Thank you for supporting Hi Sugarplum sponsors!*