Happy Wednesday, friends! I’ve got exciting beauty news to brighten your week… Sephora’s huge Spring Savings Event is open to everyone starting today with code SAVENOW! Rouge members save 20%, VIB members save 15% and Insiders save 10%…sitewide!
Not a Beauty Insider member yet? No problem, sign-up is fast and free HERE, and you’ll be able to save 10% site-wide, plus 30% on all Sephora Collection products!
To help you navigate this epic savings event, I’m sharing my top Sephora picks in every category! You bet your boots I’ll be stocking up on all my faves in this epic bi-annual sale! And if you’re looking for a sure-fire Mom’s Day gift, I got this for Mama Sugarplum last Christmas, and she loves it!
I’ll likely place a few orders during the course of the sale…my first order was to replace items that I use non-stop and I know I’ll need to refill in the coming weeks and months.
Kerastase Overnight Recovery Treatment | Living Proof Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo & Mini Size | Supergoop! Play Sunscreen | Anastasia BH Brow Wiz Precision Eye Pencil | Supergoop! Glow Oil | Olaplex No. 4C Clarifying Shampoo | Olaplex No. 4P Toning Purple Shampoo
My Beauty Must-Haves //
I’ve been introduced to a lot of great makeup in the last several years, thanks to my friendship with makeup pro, Suzie Moldavon. She has access to every product on the market, so if she loves it, I know it’s good!
Many of these products I’ve loved for years, and I’ve yet to find anything I love more. Some are new additions that are part of my every day. These are my overall beauty must-haves on sale at Sephora.
1. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer // 2. IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+
3. tarte fake awake eyeliner // 4. Anastasia BH Brow Wiz Precision Eye Pencil
5. tarte tartelette tubing mascara // 6. Shiseido Eyelash Curler
7. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask // 8. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer
9. Merit Cream Blush // 10. Living Proof Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo
11. Drybar Self-Grip Rollers // 12. Drybar Shower Cap
Best in Beauty – Makeup //
Sugarplum Tip: Exciting news!!! I’ve partnered with tarte for an exclusive bundle of four of my favorites and they’re offering it 50% off tomorrow!! So hold off ordering the Tartelette Tubing Mascara, Juicy Plump Lip, Maracuja Tinted Foundation and Tartelette In Bloom palette!!
1. Shiseido Eyelash Curler // I used to think all eyelash curlers were created equal, until Suzie introduced me to this one. I’ll never use anything else again! The lashes curl gently and so well the eyes are instantly more open.
2. tarte maracuja juicy glow skin tint // A new addition to my routine, this brand-new skin tint is lightweight, buildable foundation that super-hydrating, blends beautifully, and leaves skin glowing with the most youthful glow! (I’ll have it 50% off tomorrow!)
3. tarte tartelette tubing mascara // This miracle mascara is truly lash extensions in a bottle! Simply apply two thin coats (do it back-to-back while the product is still wet), and your lashes will transform before your eyes! And what’s even better, unlike most tube mascaras, this one actually washes off easily without tugging or pulling. (I’ll have it 50% off tomorrow!)
4. Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense // I think I’ve tried half the eyeliners on the market, and I always come back to this one. It goes on smoothly without tugging, and it smudges perfectly. Layer a little shadow over for all-day staying power. I switched from ‘charcoal‘ to ‘chocolate‘ and love the softer effect.
5. Anastasia BH Brow Wiz Precision Eye Pencil // Good brows can make you look 10 years younger, and this pencil goes on easily, both drawing in missing spots and coloring over too-light hairs. I wear ‘taupe.’
6. tarte fake awake eyeliner // My favorite makeup trick… line your lower waterline with this nude pencil to neutralize redness and instantly brighten eyes. Use it in the corner of your eyes and on the brow bone, too.
7. Anastasia BH Strong Hold Brow Gel // Once your brows are filled and combed, this clear gel will set them in place all day, without that sticky, gunky feel.
8. Merit Cream Blush // This blush balm instantly shot to the top of my Sugarplum Favorite Things list! It is the absolute prettiest glowy-flush, and goes on so smooth with no tugging or smearing makeup. In fact, I’m so obsessed that I drag all my friends to my bathroom when they come over just so they can try it!
9. Merit Highlighting Balm // Another Merit obsession, this highlighter goes on so slippery and leaves the most gorgeous high glow!! I use it on my cheekbones, brow bones and down my nose. I’m literally addicted to it!
10. IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+ // An old fave for both me and Mama Sugarplum! It has great coverage that doesn’t look flat or painted on, is hydrating, and gives a subtle, natural glow! Plus, SPF 50!
11. tarte maracuja juicy lip plump // I’ve been a fan of the maracuja juicy lips since the moment they arrived, but they raised the bar with these juicy lip plumps!! Same great hydrating formula with a hint of color, but with actual plumping, as well! And not the kind that stings or burns, but with a cooling effect that I’ve become addicted to! Color ‘Lotus‘ is my fave for pinks. (I’ll have it 50% off tomorrow!)
12. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer // I’ve been using this concealer for years! It’s got great coverage and a brightening effect, but is super hydrating so it doesn’t settle in to fine lines… an essential for those of us no longer in our 30s, ha! I wear shade ‘creme brûlée.’
13. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Liner in ‘Pillow Talk‘ // This lip liner is the perfect neutral shade for wearing with all my bright pinks and red lipsticks. It goes on smooth and creamy, not waxy at all, but has a matte finish which is a perfect primer base for lipstick. It has slight pink undertones to the nude shade, so it matches my lips almost identically. So when my lipstick wears off I’m not left with an obvious outline. I’m thrilled to have a single liner for all my lipsticks!
14. tarte SEA breeze cream bronzer // The older I get, the more I reach for creamy products and formulas… they add back the plumpness and glow of more youthful skin! At this point, the only powdery products I use are eye shadows, with everything else being a creamy formula, including this super-pigmented bronzer. It has all-day staying power, and allows for precise placement. Perfect for contouring back my cheekbones!
Best in Beauty – Skin //
1. Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Peel Pads // Chock-full of glycolic, salicylic, and lactic acids to visibly reduce signs of aging and encourage natural cell turnover, these pads provide a powerful at-home facial. I’ll dermaplane before applying this peel once a week, and I swear that this combo has made the single biggest difference in the texture and appearance of my skin!
2. JLo Beauty Glow Sheet Mask // I’m sorry, but have you seen J.Lo’s face?! I’ll do anything and everything she’s doing, and these masks are little miracle-workers! I use them for special events to get the prettiest glow.
3. St. Tropez Self Tan Mousse // Looking for a golden, natural tan at home year-round, without the damaging rays of the sun? St. Tropez is the product for that! I shared my tips and tricks for At-Home Self Tanning a while back (see it HERE).
4. Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask // No more chapped lips! I slather this on every night, and even use it as a light gloss during the day. I’ve yet to find anything as effective. It’s the perfect little gift, too!
5. Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve // I’ve tried a slew of hand creams over the years, but none have come close to the healing and moisturizing of Kiehl’s Hand Salve! It allows skin to absorb water from the air, forming a ‘glove-like’ protective barrier against moisture loss. It’s instantly soothing, rubs on easily, and absorbs quickly. Not to mention, makes my hands look younger!
6. Supergoop! Glowscreen // I’m a longtime fan of Supergoop products, and the Unseen formula has been at the top of my list for years. But this year I starting adding a few drops of the Glowscreen to my moisturizer or foundation, and there’s no going back! Not only is it the weightless SPF protection I need, but it adds just a touch of glow that makes my skin look dewy and more youthful.
7. Clarins V-Facial Intensive Wrap // A luxurious, cream-mousse formula, this mask goes on thick and literally seems to absorb puffiness! To preserve this precious product, I concentrate it in my puffiest areas, as opposed to applying to my entire face. The only downside is the cult following that keeps it sold out more often than not!
8. Olehenriksen Banana Bright Eye Creme // Another fave in my morning routine, and I never skip it! Hydrating and brightening, it instantly wakes up my tired eyes and prepares the delicate skin for makeup. It also helps to lighten circles over time.
9. Nécessaire The Body Ritual Set // Okay, this is cheating a bit with multiple products, but since discovering Nécessaire products last year, my skin has seen such an improvement! It’s the same great skincare products we typically reserve for our face, but for our bodies, too. The Body Wash, Exfoliator, and Body Lotion are my top picks from the line.
10. Caudalíe Dark Circle Correcting Eye Cream // I picked this pricey eye cream last year and have used it every evening since. (The same tube has lasted me almost 6 months already!). It’s super hydrating, and leaves my delicate undereye area smoother and brighter.
Best in Beauty – Hair //
1. Living Proof Triple Bond Complex // Another new fave I picked up last year, add a few pumps to your damp hair and blow it dry…and you literally won’t recognize yourself!! Hair is left so smooth and shiny, and instantly feels stronger and healthier. I use it once a week now.
2. Living Proof Advanced Clean Dry Shampoo // The Living Proof Dry Shampoo has been in my Top Ten for awhile, but they released this new Advanced Clean formula this year and it is a GAME CHANGER! I don’t know how it works, but rather than adding a powdery product to absorb oil, it actually cleans the hair of oils… so instead of getting that build-up feeling, your hair simply feels clean. This is a ride-or-die for me now!
3. ghd 1″ Curl Iron // I picked up this curling iron (a favorite among the pros) last year to see how it compared to my go-to T3. Let’s just say I’ve since donated every other curling iron and use this one exclusively! The smart technology keeps the iron at the perfect temperature for curls that last, without damaging hair. It slides easily through my hair, and curls last for days! If you have hard-to-curl hair, this iron is for you.
4. Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer // Pricey? Yes. Worth every penny? Absolutely. Dries hair faster, leaving it smooth and shiny. Plus, it’s lightweight and fairly quiet for a dryer.
5. Drybar Shower Cap // Surely you have this by now? The only way to extend your style, it’s lined with terry cloth to absorb moisture and humidity while you shower, leaving your hair exactly the same! It’s a great bigger size too, so it covers even the thickest head of hair!
6. Olaplex No. 4C Clarifying Shampoo // This shampoo rid my hair of all the product build-up, leaving it so light and clean, with added volume.
7. Olaplex No. 4P Toning Purple Shampoo // Y’all know I drank the Olaplex koolaid, it’s truly a game-changer for dry, damaged hair. I’ve tried a slew of purple shampoos over the years to combat brassy tones, and this one is by-far the best in the bunch! It’s so potent, I just add a little bit to my Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo, leave on for a minute or two, and brassiness is GONE! You can see my Olaplex routine HERE, and more about this incredible product HERE.
8. Moroccanoil Medium Hairspray // This hairspray provides a strong hold that leaves no sticky residue or stiffness on the hair, and the flexible formula keeps hair looking natural and touchable. I love the fine mist that makes it easy to get in all the areas of my hair, and there are no clogged nozzles!
9. Drybar Self-Grip Rollers // These are my secret weapon for volume at the crown and to revive day-old hair. I set my part and crown with these large rollers immediately after blow-drying for more volume and smoothness, without additional heat.
10. Slip Silk Pillowcase // A pillowcase in the hair category? Yes ma’am! Believe it or not, what you sleep on impacts your hair the next morning. Cotton pillowcases are like sponges, absorbing all the moisture from your skin and hair, leaving it dry and frizzy. I’m so convinced of it’s power, I even travel with my silk pillowcase!
11. Kérastase Blonde Leave-In Treatment // I rarely blow-dry my hair anymore, and this leave-in treatment allows me to air-dry without looking like a frizz ball! I literally put it on clean, damp hair before bed, and wake with smooth, full hair! All I do is comb it through, and add a few curls. Plus, it smells divine!
12. Drybar Lemon Drop Brush // A great brush for detangling wet hair easily, and brushing out day-old product on dry hair. It glides through hair gently, with no tugging or breaking. I also have the mini for travel.
My Sephora Haul //
I use this bi-annual sale to not only refill and replace my daily products, but also to test out new products that have hit the shelves. Here are some of the new things I picked up! I’m most excited for the Bombshell Volumizer and Precision Tweezers, not to mention this NARS Lipstick in ‘Shiap.’ Another exciting new launch…Supergoop now makes their fav-favorite Glowscreen in new shades! I picked it up in the new ‘Golden Hour.’
Supergoop! Glowscreen | Faux Eyelashes | NARS Lipstick | Kerastase Elixir Hair Oil Serum | ColorWOW Anti-Frizz Styling Cream | Olaplex No. 4D Detox Dry Shampoo | Mario Badescu Drying Lotion | Anastasia BH Precision Tweezers | ColorWOW Bombshell Volumizer
Some of my favorite beauty buys are actually more budget-friendly, so if you’re not shopping the Sephora Sale, here are my go-to drugstore beauty faves…
1. No Crease Hair Clips // 2. Redness Relief Eye Drops
3. Amazon Mascara // 4. Amazon Primer
5. Collagen Peptides // 6. Coconut MiracleOil Lotion
7. Nivea Refreshing Body Wash // 8. Neck & Chest Cream
9. Elta MD Foaming Facial Cleanser // 10. Mighty Patch Acne Patches
11. Dermaplane Razors (My Tips HERE) // 12. Argan Oil Hair Mask
13. Microdermabrasion Body Mitt // 14. Silicone Sheet Mask Cover
15. Nail Polish Dry Drops // 16. Collagen Sheet Masks Set
Don’t miss out on this great chance to splurge, restock your current favorites, or discover something new during the Sephora Spring Savings Event, with savings up to 20% off (depending on your member tier). This event happens just twice a year, and is highly anticipated by beauty fanatics and gurus alike!
Remember, use code SAVENOW and get the following:
- Rouge Members get 20% off unlimited purchases online and in-store now until 4/24
- VIB Members get 15% off unlimited purchases online and in-store now until 4/24
- Insiders get 10% off unlimited purchases online and in-store now until 4/24
You can ALSO save 30% on all Sephora Collection products! Load up on Sephora Collection must-haves included in this epic sale, now through 4/24! The discount is automatically applied at checkout, online and in-store.