And just like that, we hit the two-year mark in this new house! Clearly it feels like we just moved, since I’m still referring to it as ‘the new house.’ But as of this month, we’ve lived here for two years. I hesitate to call it our ‘forever house,’ because life has a way of throwing curve-balls and surprise parties, so I don’t want to close myself off to possibilities, but I honestly can’t image living anywhere else. This house just fits us so well.
There’s no question we’ve accomplished a lot, as far as making this home reflect our style, but there are still quite a few areas that lack personality. I shared our first year progress in this House Update post, along with goals of the spaces I wanted to tackle in 2016. Some we actually completed, others got a head-start, and a few stalled out completely. #oops
Let’s start with the good news…these are the rooms we actually finished last year…
~ Upstairs Family Room~
These are the spaces that got a pretty decent head-start…
~Little Miss’s Room~
And finally, a few spaces from our To Do List that had our best intentions, but no action…
The Breakfast Room has actually developed quite a bit, but I keep forgetting to share it here. #badblogger. Sometimes I can’t believe we aren’t further along, but it’s been nice to take our time and really enjoy the process, too. Plus, it’s good to live in a house for a bit, instead of rushing in without knowing how each room will actually be used.
So let’s talk 2017 House Goals! Obviously, we want to finish up the rooms we’ve started, and then hopefully tackle a few more.
- Laundry /Mudroom ~ This project is up first! Our contractor is actually building the mudroom unit as we speak, and tile has been delivered! Stay tuned later this month for updates and progress!
- Powder Bath ~ I’m finalizing the designs for this tiny space now, and can’t wait to share this space as part of a fun challenge in May!
- Little Miss Room ~ One of the final pieces was to paint the ceiling…which we did over Christmas break. Unfortunately, it’s the wrong color. #wompwomp So back to the paint deck for us.
- Breakfast Room ~ I don’t know that we’ll actually complete this room in 2017, but I’ll at least catch you up to where we are now!
- Family Room ~ This is another room that’s slowly been evolving in the last two years…and you’ve seen glimpses of it in different posts (like this one and this one), but I’ll officially share our progress and plans this year. And who knows, maybe come close to finishing it!
- Office ~ Considering the amount of time I spend in this room, it should have been one of the first rooms we tackled. It’s seriously the most depressing spot in the house…not exactly inspiring creativity. (Hence why I work in my new closet half the time now!) I know exactly what I want to do, but it’s ambitious, so fingers crossed I can make it happen this year.
- Kitchen ~ Do you recall this post, when we talked about how to give the Kitchen a more finished look?! Y’all were passionate about it, and had some fabulous ideas! So I took that conversation to my friends at A Well Dressed Home, and together we’re developing a plan for Phase 2 of the Kitchen renovation…and y’all, it’s starting soon! #eeek
Seven rooms sounds a little overwhelming, but I actually feel pretty good about it…especially since the labor has been contracted for three of them! But if I don’t get to them all, that’s okay, too. It’s not a race, right? Which rooms are you most looking forward to? Do you set house goals for your home projects? See how we did on our 2015 House Goals here.