I can’t thank you enough for the excitement and encouragement you expressed over the One Room Challenge! You really helped pump me up, and I’m eager to show you more progress. So far I haven’t hit any major roadblocks, but I’m sure that’ll change.
Thanks to a too-good-to-be-true airfare special, I surprised my daughter with a quick trip to Nashville for the long weekend, so we’re having some girl time with our best friends here. And of course I’ll get my hair done too, since my friend happens to be a stylist-extraordinaire! After a year of Mr. SP doing my color (oh yes he does), she’s got her work cut out. #oops
Here’s the latest ramblings for today’s Friday Five…
1) I was pretty smitten with the latest finds in my Look for Less, and realized they came together to make a darn cute outfit. I thought it’d be fun to see them, and their total prices, side-by-side.
2) The darling and talented Shannon of Burlap & Lace just returned from an amazing trek through Europe, and I was honored to be part of her Take Five Series while they were gone. Hop over and check out my celebrity crush, favorite artists, and childhood style. While you’re there, make sure to see the amazing gallery wall disguising her TV!
3) Heather at The Decor Fix has a great series, The Quick Fix, where bloggers weigh in on their go-to tips for easily sprucing up a space, and share a little Q & A. I’ve picked up so many new ideas, and was honored to add my two-cents, as well. While you’re there, make sure to check out Heather’s must-read, How to Style Bookcases.
4) Apparently I’ve been quite the floozy lately, because I also appeared in the pages of Victoria, of A Subtle Revelry’s, new book, Materially Crafted: A DIY Primer for the Design-Obsessed. It’s a great book, chock full of fun and clever DIYs, and I was honored to have her feature our daughter’s Cheery Highboy and Herringbone Basket projects. #lookmaIminabook!!! I love seeing bloggers thrive and reach their dreams and goals, so I’m especially thrilled for Victoria!
5) Remember my ‘How to Transition to Fall’ post, featuring my simple formula for transitioning to the cooler temperatures? I’m working on a similar one with tips on how to easily adapt your wardrobe for Spring…this is pretty much my uniform this time of year. And these sandals are surprisingly chic and comfy!
This tee/scarf/lightweight jacket outfit formula is already in heavy rotation…it’d be cute with this fun scarf and my favorite jean jacket, too. Oh, last thing…I have an upcoming occasion that calls for a festive and dressy-dress…this one has been on my wish list for years, what do you think? It’s more than I usually spend, so I wonder if it’s worth it. Happy Easter weekend, lovebugs!
Pssst…we’re celebrating Easter at my sister-in-law’s this year, so I didn’t set a table or do any crafts, but you can check my Holidays tab for past year’s projects if you’re looking for ideas!