It’s Friday…Holla!! Another week has flown by! I just realized we move exactly two weeks from today (ready or not!)…the pangs are starting to hit me, and I get a lump in my throat when I think about leaving this place. It’s easy to be distracted from the emotionality of it all when I’m focused on the tasks behind the move, but the tears are inevitable. Let’s change topic before I start blubbering on my keyboard!
1) We had a kooky week that started with sunny, warm days, and ended with freezing rain and snow flurries. I like to counter the dreariness with bright colors…who says pinks and corals are for Spring and Summer only?! I just balance them with Winter basics like boots, jeans, and leather bags to make them more season appropriate.
I usually create these boards with items similar to what I own, to give myself more outfit ideas. I was going to layer the tee and scarf with my favorite kitten-cardi in ‘coral spice’, but this one caught my eye instead. It’s similar to the wrap cardi, but less material gathered across the front…so the booby girls may prefer it. And you can’t beat the $25 price tag! I’ve been saving this scarf for Spring, but styling it like this means I don’t have to wait! Oh, and you know I layer a striped tee with just about any outfit…I want this one in all the colors!
2) One of the things on our Kitchen Reno list is to add pendant lighting over the breakfast bar…to define the space, and add some visual bang to the room. I’ve long been a fan of the pendant lantern…but always considered the Ballard and Restoration Hardware versions too overpriced. #cheapskate Imagine my glee when I found this one at World Market for $99! And if you use code MEMBERPASS, they are an additional 15% off, for a whopping $75!! Now that’s a good Look-for-Less! Mine arrived this week and I’m chomping at the bit to get them hung!
3) My friend Shay has been in the adoption process for almost two years, and this month she and her family were finally united with their little girl. Shay’s been blogging the journey of their trip to China to bring her home, including seeing their daughter for the first time, giving her the first bath of her life, and watching her other two kids fall in love with their new sister. I’ve been hanging on every word, and am so happy for them, and this precious girl. Watching this family come together is heart-warming, and so worth the read…make sure you start with Day 1!
4) Okay, now back to home decor. Of course the kids are using this new house business to get new room designs. Well, at first, my daughter wanted me to recreate her new room exactly like her old one…not one thing different. That’s since changed, and she and big brother have their sights set on makeovers.
We’re not exactly sure the direction, but we got some pretty good ideas after falling for some of these Urban Outfitter rugs…all currently 25% off! In fact, this rug became the jumping off point for his room. If you’re in the market for rugs…West Elm is also having 20% off, and be sure to check out this post for another favorite source.
5) And finally, I don’t know if I should thank or curse my friend, Laura. Last week she posted about this woman’s water challenge, and her dramatic transformation by simply drinking a gallon of water every day for a month. I was so motivated, I’ve been guzzling water non-stop. I think even my eyeballs are floating, and I can’t venture far from a bathroom! But if I can lose my under-eye bags like her, then all those trips to the potty are worth it!
Have you heard of this water challenge? It hasn’t been too hard to actually drink that amount of water, but I do have a hard time remembering to drink it…or to take water with me when I’m out. I’m on Day 5, but since I forgot to take a Before pic, who knows if anything’s changed.
Last thing, darling Claire, of Claire Brody Designs, asked me to weigh in with my Blogging Tips for Beginners, and she wrote a really comprehensive post that new bloggers definitely need to check out.