Happy Friday!! I’m so excited for a weekend at home…with nothing to do, and nowhere to be! Like yours, my inbox is flooded everyday with sales and promotions, but very few peak my
interest. However, there is one sale I look forward to every year…the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale…which starts today!
I love it because it’s not picked-over, end-of-season stuff…but next
season’s must-haves…and for a few short weeks, it’s marked down A LOT!!
It may be the middle of July, but I can’t miss this opportunity to grab Fall essentials at such great prices. You guys seemed to like when I shared my real-life reviews last year, so I thought I’d do it again, just in case you’re considering any of it. My Nordstrom was already sold out of most of the things I wanted to try, but I was able to check out a few. I’ve ordered the rest online (yay for free shipping and free returns!) and will share that stuff when it arrives.
1) I can’t believe I’m doing it again, but I’m humiliating myself by posting a butt-shot on the blog. But how else are you going to see the cute pockets on these Hudson jeans? They have a good amount of stretch for a comfy fit, and there’s no gap in the back waistband (you booty girls know what I’m talking about). I’ll
still wear my skinny jeans this Fall, but I think a slight bootcut is a
bit dressier, and more flattering on curvy shapes.
I also love that these come in Petite sizing (online only). Nordstrom offers free alterations, but they’d just cut the bottom off,
which changes the line of the jeans and where they are supposed to hit
on your leg. By going with the Petite length, the bootcut starts at
the right placement on the leg. I ordered these in my regular size, but in Petite, so they should be perfect with a slight heel. If you’re considering designer jeans, now is the time since they are $70 off! Update: It looks like the petite is currently sold out…but keep checking for re-stock!
2) I’m still completely gah-gah over my striped bag, but I’ve wanted a cognac-colored bag for the past few Fall seasons. I think this one fits the bill….especially for the price. It’s the perfect size for all my stuff, but still has good structure to it, so it won’t collapse on my arm. The lighter shade makes it perfect for pairing with any color outfit, including black. And of course I’ll slap my tassel charm on it! #duh
3) The only thing more awkward than taking butt-shots, is taking a picture of your feet!! Especially without getting funny looks from strangers. But I sacrificed my dignity in order to show you these cute booties. The heel is a flattering height, without being uncomfortably tall, and the sole is sturdy. I think they’ll be perfection with skinny jeans, and the neutral color will go with any top. My normal size was a little tight across the toe area, so I ordered one-half size up online.
4) I always get my kids school shoes during this sale, too…at these prices,
they aren’t much more than Target’s shoes, but they’ll actually last the
entire school year! They literally walked in this week, wearing the shoes we bought at last year’s sale. My son is all about the over-priced Nikes now, so I’m thrilled to score them for under $50! He also only wants to wear athletic gear or jeans, so we scooped up quality items like this hoodie, and these well-made jeans for $25.
5) My daughter doesn’t like to shop at all. Like seriously, not one bit. But once she caught a glimpse of herself in this ridiculously cute outfit, she decided shopping wasn’t so bad. And clearly I’ve lost my mind, because I actually bought her this pair of Hudson jeans. But she said they were as comfy as leggings, and with the sale price, they aren’t much more than Gap jeans. Don’t even get me started on the leopard hoodie and booties! I’m in trouble if she ever decides she likes to shop!
She always chooses wacky tennis shoes, so none of us were surprised when she went straight for these high-top Converse. The girl definitely has her own ideas about style…wonder where she gets that?!
I’m also scoping out holiday gifts in the Home and Beauty departments, like this Candle trio and Sawtooth Throw. And when can you get North Face for under $100? Never, that’s when. I’m taking advantage and grabbing this one for Mr. SP’s Christmas gift. Or maybe this one since it’s even less.
What are your faves? Have you grabbed anything yet? Shop fast, because the inventory won’t last long. Happy weekend, lovebugs!
This post is sponsored by Nordstrom, but opinions on all these items are mine. Some affiliate links are used, but it does not impact the price you pay. Thank you for supporting Hi Sugarplum sponsors!