Hey, hey, it’s Friday!! And not just any Friday…but Friday the 13th Friday! Also, 11 days until Christmas Friday! Which means that not only are we running out of shopping days, but the weekends of holiday parties are upon us! Lucky ducks, I’ve got you covered in this Friday Five!
1) Since finding my new favorite blouse at Express, I’ve been popping in their store more often. When I spotted this dress, I flew to the dressing room just hoping it’d be as cute on me as it was on the hanger. I might have done a little silent-clap and hopped up-and-down a few times when I zipped it up…before texting this blurry pic to my fellow stripe-lover, Courtney.
|Pretend I’m not wearing jeans under it. I hate stripping down in dressing rooms.|
2) You guys really liked the Men’s Gift Guide I did last week, and asked if I had favorites for Ladies. This post had several things I love, but I rounded up a few more affordable options for you. I would be thrilled to find any of these things under my tree, and I’m sure your friends, neighbors, teachers, party hostesses and mom would agree!
Preppy Bangle | Colorblocked Clutch | Merci Notecards
Cheers Cocktail Napkins | Cozy Scarf | Tray
3) Most of us are in gift-buying-and-giving mode, not decorate-the-house mode, but I couldn’t let you overlook the West Elm rug sale. Right now they are 30% off!! That’s a big deal, and hardly ever happens. So if you’ve had your eye on one, gift yourself now! That’s how I ended up with this rug in our Breakfast Room!
4) I’m having waaaaay too much fun with Faith, our Elf on the Shelf. She has been busy this week, and pretty clever, if I do say so! Here’s a sampling of her hijinks this week, but follow me on InstaGram to catch them all.
So many of you are using #HiSugarplumElfFun to tag your Elf-antics, and I love looking at them each night for ideas. Here are a few of my favorites this week.
5) And finally, I wanted to remind you guys of the best and easiest Pay It Forward you can do all season…and it doesn’t cost a dime! For every new ‘Like’ on their Facebook page, New Leaf Energy will PLANT A TREE!! All you have to do is click this link, and you’ve helped the environment! Don’t be an Environment Scrooge…plant a tree from the comfort of your laptop! Feels good, right?!
Tell me what’s up with you this Friday! Do you agree that dress might be the cutest thing ever? Did you plant a tree? Happy weekend, lovebugs…I hope it’s full of happy and jolly!