Today is the last day of school, so we’re busy with class parties and yearbooks…and soaking up the first official weekend of the Summer. This is what’s floating around my head this happy Friday.
1) Remember the Pottery Barn Mystery Box Challenge I told you about? Five bloggers create drink stations out of pieces from Pottery Barn’s Outdoor Entertaining line, then they’re voted on by their 1 million Facebook fans! #nopressure I can’t share the full post with you just yet, but I’m so excited I thought I’d give you a sneak peek. Obviously I went with lots of color.
2) I haven’t watched reality talent/dance shows in years and years, but Megan wouldn’t stop talking about The Voice, so this season we gave it a try. My gosh, now the whole family is hooked! I can’t even believe the caliber of singers…they totally blow American Idol away, not to mention Blake and Adam are so
cute fun to watch! I think Sasha is my favorite contestant. Or Michelle. No, probably Amber because she’s a local girl. Who’s your favorite? How many more eliminations are there? Was the show this good with CeeLo and Christina coaching?! I think no.
3) Creating gallery walls is so fun, but finding the art can be difficult…not to mention expensive. Poppytalk, one of my favorite sites for beautiful ideas, is sharing these botanicals as a free download/printable. They would make a lovely gallery wall on their own, or mix perfectly with other art.
4) Shelley at Crazy Wonderful is always coming up with gorgeous makeovers, and ingenious ideas. My laundry room is a sad little space, so I was instantly wowed by hers….I mean, she had me at the stripes. But the back wall is what stopped my scrolling finger in it’s tracks. Shelley’s a fan of the Scalamandre Zebra fabric and wallpaper, but not of the price. So she drew her own!! Hello, impressive. I’m not artistic enough to even draw the arrows.
5) A giant welcome to my newest sponsor, Lisa Leonard Designs! I’ve been a long-time fan of Lisa and her gorgeous handmade jewelry, and couldn’t be more thrilled to be partnered with someone of her talent.
If you haven’t yet, you definitely want to check out her collection of personalized jewelry and decor. They make the perfect gifts for brides, graduates, and teachers. Hi Sugarplum readers get 15% off all non-sale items, excluding fair trade…just use sugarplum15 at check-out!
Happy weekend, lovebugs!